Migrating Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
In the corporate world, migrating from one email client to the other is a commonplace issue. Myriad number of factors are responsible for switching a user’s email platform. These factors might be individual or organizational needs.
IBM Lotus Notes is a popular email client that works in conjunction with Domino Server and offers a range of features and functionalities namely, email, calendar, instant messaging, contacts and more. But the high cost incurred in its installation and maintenance along with the expert skill set required for efficient running makes it hard to maintain and enterprises search for more viable options available.
Microsoft Outlook is one such cost-effective solution that is easy to maintain and requires no expertise to run. The application is highly sought after by end number of small and large business establishments. If an individual user is migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook, he might require some valuable data to be carried along as well.
Converting Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook:
Business contacts are highly significant for a user which he would like to Convert from Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST. This is possible through the following steps:
- The Lotus Notes NSF contacts must be exported to a tab-delimited file.
- Launch Outlook client.
- Click on File-> Import and Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file, click Next.
- Click Comma Separated Values (Windows)-> Next.
- Click Browse and in the File name box, write *.* and click OK.
- Select the file created in first step and click OK-> Next.
- Go to Contacts folder, click Next.
- Confirm that the corect files are listed under The following actions will be performed. Map the contact fields you want to use using Map Custom Fields. Click Finish.
This is just a way of exporting Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. If the entire Lotus Notes database needs to be converted to Outlook or emails, calendar and selected items are required to be converted from NSF to PST, then, third party utilities are required.
Sometimes, people are unaware of how to convert NSF to Outlook PST, without any hassle for any major version of Notes and Outlook. The market has a number of dexterous tools that can facilitate the export of entire Lotus Notes database to Outlook, while preserving the actual data formatting. One such tool is “Stellar Phoenix NSF to PST Converter”. The software is compatible with Lotus Notes 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0. Prior to conversion, the demo version of the software offers a preview of the NSF file items in a three view structure.